Saturday, April 4, 2009

The News...


Well, it's no secret that I want to some day own my own farm. But, the time has not come-yet. So, for now, I will turn my backyard into the coolest, tiniest, sub-division sized farm on the planet! I've decided to clear out all the grass in the parkway and plant nothing but herbs! Rosemary galore! My backyard is prepped for veggies and my sunflower patch has already sprouted! I'm dedicating a huge area to herbs and tomatoes only! My plan: make homemade spaghetti sauce, sundried tomatoes, and whatever else I can think of or read about. We have the cutest little farmer's market here in town, seriously only 5 vendors are there, and my goal is to join that little group and sell my herbs! I will see what else I can grow enough of to sell! I'm excited! This year may be the experiment, I hope next year will show the fruit! Next on my list: build a little red barn in my backyard just big enough to house chickens and all my gardening needs. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Amber Strehle said...

Good luck lady!!!

Carla said...

Okay, I'm going to give thia blogging thing a try. I'm proud of you, you are such a go getter! I'd love to but some veggies and herbs from you, do you have fresh eggs also? If only you'd come back to Maui. I started my own herb garden, just in pots, they seem to be surviving, which is amazing because I do not posess a green thumb like you. I am pretty much a vegetarian now so I would love to have a vegetable garden, but at this point I don't have what it would take.

Carla said...

I guess I should proof read my comments before posting!
I don't want to but some of your veggies! rather buy them!

Johnna Sutton said...

I knew you were a farm girl!!! Good for you!...hi carla:)