Saturday, March 20, 2010

Attention all you Subdivision Farmers at Heart



Dream! Reality...


Okay, so I live in a subdivision. A little yucky? Yes. What can I say? I didn't really plan it out this way, but here we are, so it's time to make the absolute most of it! I have lots of pretty plants, flowers, bushes, and trees. However, I've been waiting to purchase that multi-acre estate with a red barn, farm house, pasture...but it hasn't happened yet. I love to dig, plant, prune, feel the sun on my face, and the feel of dirt under my nails. The reward of an abundantly blooming garden offers pleasures and self-satisfaction beyond explaining. But, I hesitated to plant edibles. Why? Waiting for that farm, of course! What for? No more waiting! I am going to experiment with as many things as my Texas land will allow. I am going to love it, nurture it, pray over it, and watch it GROW! Of course, tomatoes are a must. I already shared with you that I've planted an abundance of herbs. I also purchased onions and brussel sprouts (which I love)! I have lettuce in already. Next up, squash, watermelon, and not sure what else yet. Need to do more research. Mary Jane's Farm...here I come (the best magazine in the world)!

No comments: