Wednesday, April 21, 2010

So Inspired!


Okay, here I am again, the subdivision gardener/wanna be crafter extraordinaire/get a grip on reality girl. My herb window boxes are going off, and I am beyond thrilled to be including them in my daily meal making. My tomatoes are already blooming, and I have some random pumpkin seeds that have popped up in different places all around my yard! Yea! I have recently decided that the jig is most definitely up. I have five chickens in my subdivision backyard, and I'm pretty sure my neighbors know. Several months ago I overheard one neighbor say to her husband, "Craig, did you hear that? I think I heard a chicken!" To which he responded, "You're crazy, there aren't any chickens around here!" He said this while out front cleaning his speed boat, in front of his manicured house, while the sprinkler system activated. I felt kinda sad for the wife. But, admittedly, I laughed a lot! So, now I have a student who is dieing to give me a pot belly pig! Seriously, a pot belly pig, which, I might add, I have always wanted. The question being, "Is this too much for one subdivision gardener to handle?" I think I am crossing over into being a subdivision farmer. I think the pig would definitely be pushing it. I have also recently been given a cocker spaniel puppy by another one of my students. Super cute. That makes three dogs, one cat, five hens, and one possible pig. I live on 8,000 square feet of land. Most of it house. Have I completely lost it? I am living the dream, people, living the dream!

2 comments:

Johnna Sutton said...

YOUR A TEXAS FARM GIRL!!!!! Take the pig if it doesn't work out have some bacon!

Amber Strehle said...

Hahaha..get the pig..and name him Wilbur!!:)