Friday, April 30, 2010

True Confessions


How many times have you seen the words in the title to this post or heard them spoken, and suddenly, you leaned in a little closer to hear the dirt about...who knows what! Well, here it is, my true confession: I really LOVE the song "I've Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas! Can't get enough of it! Even loaded it onto the blog site I created for my middle school students! They're starting to get sick of it. "I don't care," I say! It gets me moving and moving and moving! And I really need to get moving! I know, it's not like a confessed to robbing a bank or something, but it is a confession nonetheless.

Okay, so the new puppy is insanely adorable and is biting everything in site...irritating but puppy. Our 50lb. dog is terrified of her which is hysterical because the puppy is about the size of a water bottle. Not sure about Wilbur (thanks for the name, Amber) yet, still contemplating the eviction of my home owner's association and if it'll be worth it!

New News:
I decked out my chicken coop! At first, I thought I would spend $500 on a brand new coop that was made in the image of a red barn...too cute...but get real...$500! Have I completely lost it? Almost! I was moments away from complete regret. I mean really, what was I thinking? Last year, I created a coop out of old farm house window screens and old fence wood. Too cute. But it leaks, and it is a little small for my 5 portly hens. So, what did I do you are wondering? Well, I added a fenced in play yard and cut a chicken door (doggy door) in the screen, and now my portly ladies can go inside and outside at will! They are so happy! They are taking dirt baths and nesting and making happy sounds! Not only did I improve their life, but I also completely beautified the coop with galvanized tubs full of flowers, pots full of flowers, a bird house, a lantern, gosh, it's super dee duper cute!

1 comment:

Amber Strehle said...

Shh don't tell anyone but I LOVE Fergie..cuz she has humps..lovely lady lumps:)